Friday, January 21, 2011

Mixed Bag

Well, it has been a full day.  It is going to be a long lonely weekend.


This is one of the things I hate about trucking.  Due to no fault of my own, ok well maybe some, the loads I chose took me to  a dead end for 2-3 days.  I took what at the time seemed to be the most profitable and would land me in a good spot to roll the weekend.  It did not work out that way, so I will sit for 2-3 days.  Interesting part about trucking is, if the wheels ain't turnin, you ain't makin no money.  If you work at a normal job and there is nothing to do but busy work, at least you still get paid.  I don't get paid for sittin, and it costs me money to sit.  Just to shower is $10 per day.


The good.  I reconnected with an old friend today, someone who can cheer you up just by saying hello.  That is always a good thing.  I also got to stop and eat at a favorite place today.  That is a big positive about my lifestyle is the ability to find and enjoy new places.  Today's stop was in Rayne, LA, at a place called the Frog City Travel Plaza.  On the menu is some really good cajun food and I make it a point to have gumbo there whenever I can.  By now you are wondering, "Frog City"?  There is indeed history and a story behind the name.  Click here to learn http://www.exploratorium.edu/frogs/rayne/index.html


The other good.  I got a text from my daughter in El Paso, TX today.  She sent me another cute pic of my grandbaby.  So I will share.






No comments:

Post a Comment