Sunday, September 18, 2011

A couple of wonderful weeks!

Since my last post so much has happened.  There was the 30 year class reunion, time with my son, and the opportunity to pull another interesting setup.

The 30 year reunion was a blast!  It is great that the folks I grew up with and have not seen in 30 years can get together and have fun.  I mean lot's of fun.  While there we had a tropical storm that hung around for the whole weekend, but we were not deterred.  There were multiple opportunities for classmates to gather, discuss old times, share a drink or twelve, eat some great food, and just let the cares of the world take care of themselves.  I am thankful for the people I grew up with, the people I knew for a few short years, and the ones that are no longer with us.  We enjoyed all the "remember whens", and created some unforgettables.  We smiled, laughed, cried, and enjoyed ourselves.

That same weekend was time spent with my son and that is always special.  It is great to take him where I grew up, meet my friends, make new friends, and have fun despite the weather.  We set ourselves up for a Murphy's Law attack and we were not let down.  We took our kayaks with us and packed no rain gear or umbrellas.  Needless to say, from about 8 AM the morning we arrived until we left, it stormed.

This past week I had another opportunity to do something new in my job.  I got to pull a mock-up of the new Gulfstream G-280 corporate jet.  It was a great opportunity to do something different and have the chance to learn even more about what goes on around me.



1 comment:

  1. Well said! It was wonderful meeting your son and getting together with all my NJROTC buddies @ Jamie & Don's house.

    ReplyDelete