Friday, August 19, 2011

Another Good Week

I want to start this entry with the "move of the Week".  As I am traveling south on I-17 in Southern Arizona, I had the opportunity to witness more of the driving proficiency of the motoring public.  A driver enters the interstate, crosses out to the fast lane(on a three lane interstate), and then immediately exits at the next exit across three lanes of traffic.  All of this in less than a 1/4 mile.  I really hope the.25 second gain my getting in the fast lane kept her from being late.


After leaving Marana, AZ on Wednesday, I headed over to Scottsdale, AZ to pick up a portable stage.  This is not just any portable stage.  It has been used in the MLB All-Star Game, the Super Bowl, and other big events.  The company that designed and patented it has a very unique product.  It is carried in a 53 foot moving van style trailer, is on wheels, and is steerable.  Once it is removed from the truck, it is unfolded, the "train carts" are set down and assembled, and the sound and band equipment is placed on it in the parking lot, it can then be rolled in to the stadium at half time or at the end of a game, and reset and ready to perform in 70 seconds.  It truly is unique in its functionality and versatility.  It will be used this Saturday night at Angels Stadium in Anaheim, CA.  The Band will be Mercy Me, a contemporary Christian music group.


While I am waiting things out here in Ontario, CA, there are more mundane tasks to be completed.  The one I dread the most of course is laundry.  This time it is 2 loads and $8.  I have already washed the truck this week and scrubbed the floors.  Certainly everything I do is not that exciting.  On top of the daily grind of doing paperwork, keeping the glass clean, making regular maintenance checks, I still have to squeeze in 11 hours of driving and 10 hours of required off duty time.


On Monday I will be connecting to an overweight generator that is going to Tinker AFB, in Oklahoma City.  So far I only have one of the permits needed to make the trip and will receive the rest on Monday.  While doing over-dimensional or overweight loads pays well, there is a certain amount of headache as well.  One of the things with permits is thje requirement ot enter every scale house along your route and present your paperwork.  It is most important that you check your permits thoroughly for errors and special instructions.  Different states have different requirements.


Everyone please have a wonderful and safe day out there wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog was great because you have a lot of information that I need to know. I'm working in a heavy hauling company and I need some tips to fasten my job as a hauling driver. Thanks for sharing your blog.

    Over Dimensional Loads

    ReplyDelete